An SEO Consultant works in the same way that most business consultants work. They generally provide information to assist companies in specific area where the company’s knowledge is not so strong.
Generally free advice can be given as a method of engagement, the consultant’s time will be used to help define what the client requires with too much technical jargon or detail on information about the delivery process which will switch off the clients interest.
Most of the techniques SEO consultants use are discussed in this sites blog and in the most part deliver what the client expects. The key part of delivey is managing client expectation.
Any SEO consultant should offer an insight at the top level, what is more important however, is in a way that makes it relevent to you business and at the most basic of levels the SEO consultant has the clients brand in his hands.
Below is a list of key items to look for in an SEO consultant:
• Always check that the sales person is fully aware of the SEO sales cycle and the requirement – it may sound obvious but good quality SEO is a balancing act however, for the most part it is common sense.
• Look for companies that have achieved page one of Google – if that is the chosen requirement, for good quality and difficult keywords . SEO Services Now - [sales mode switch ‘off’] can provide proof of where this has been achieved – also when vetting a SEO consultant ask them how long it took to achieve their activity .
• Check for free information, Good SEO consultants should be happy to do this but it wont be the whole requirement.
• Don’t be afraid to ask difficult questions as a reputable SEO consultant should be able to answer without fuss. Ask what techniques they deploy.
• Check for competition in that arena - check out the pricing too some can be very prohibitive when you dig deeper.
• Look at contracts that are less than a year with performance related targetting also include termination for non-performance, look to non-competitive clauses too.
• Primarily check out the SEO consultant throughly, it is a long term strategy as maintenance is part of the requirement – this is not a fire and forget scenario and keeping the consultant on hand when needed on a regular basis is part of the strategy.
This is an easily measurable service and a good SEO consultant should be able to provide what you want and when (approximately) that you want it.
SEO Services Now the company to choose to provide your next seo consultant.
2 Temmuz 2011 Cumartesi
What to look for in a good SEO consultant?
Etiketler: blog, business consultant, business consultants, business today, client expectation, consultants work, consultation period, delivey, disinterest, free advice, inducement, information overload, search engine positioning, seo, technical detail, technical jargon